Help - Blackbird Nest- can it overheat?

Can anyone offer advice? I did something stupid! :(

I was pruning a tree in my garden at the weekend and did not notice a nest (i will be far more careful in future). I stopped as soon as I saw it and left the garden. Fortunately, mommy bird (i think a blackbird) returned the same afternoon and has been sitting on the nest.  I am now worried that because i have cut off the top branches, the nest now has no shade/cover and might overheat/get wet- is this possible?

In the interim, I have positioned a garden parosol near the tree to offer shade and protection from the rain (the nest is now sitting underneath the parosol). Mommy bird seems OK with this as she is still in the nest.

Have i done the right thing with the parosol? Is there any other advice anyone has? 

• Hi Trina, I think lesson learned already. Normally pruning and cutting would be left until later in the back end. Anyway if mummy blackbird seems to be happy, as she is still on the nest, and you have positioned the parasol to help protect from the weather, hopefully all should be well. The baby should be big enough and hopefully will fledge very soon. Good luck.
  • Thank you both..
    Its an urban garden in nuneaton but im at the very edge of town - i back onto a common/woodland and farmland.
    The bird does not seem to be flying to the nest with insects and there is no noise from the nest - its mostly just sitting. Im not going to peek in the nest in case i frighten it!
    Interestingly, I did see a male blackbird in the garden a few days ago near this tree feeding 2 adolescents - the bird in the nest looks a bit like one of them (a bit spotty and brown). Could it possibly be one of the adolescents that has returned to its nest/took up residence?