Which Browser to use!

I use my apple ipad all the time, which has safari browser. A few years ago I could not watch the Loch Garten camera, so I loaded the puffin brower, things then fixed so never used it much after that. When all this new updates took place, once again I had to use puffin to be able to post and use all the options properly. This week I have been notified by puffin that as from the 1st July, it is being withdrawn to those who use it for free. I know I could pay for it to keep it.

Which browers do you use and what would you advise?

• Hi CL, I use Chrome everywhere I can & Puffin on two differenf tablets for some webcams but can get LG via Carnyx fine using Chrome on Samsung & Lenovo tablets!
  • Thanks Wendy, do you pay for Puffin? I use Carnyx for the LG nest but puffin on the community as since the updates I had no options to add photos, edit, change sizes of text and a host of other things, that is why I need to add a different browser.
  • My Puffin is the free version CL, didn't know of plans to charge!
    I do all of the CF things quite easily in Chrome!
  • I had an email last week saying that for free users of puffin, the service would be stopped on the 1st July. I have just tried to add Firefox and Google chrome, both of which would not as they are not compatible with Apple iPad! Have added dolphin, which I am now away to see if it has all the options that puffin had, for use on the community.

edit. Dolphin the same as safari, in that when I use rich formatting, I only have a few boxes, can only add a photo as it is with no option to change the size, not edit or other options, oh well will keep looking!

• Hi Catlady, I too use Chrome so am not able to help you with other services. Sounds as if you need somebody with technical know-how to give you a hand. These computers are fine as long as it is all easy and straight forward. Keep trying.
  • I seem to be able to do everything on my laptop using Chrome and on the Android tablet I do the same except there are problems sometimes using Youtube when I occasionally resort to Brave.
  • Lynn L said:
    Dolphin the same as safari, in that when I use rich formatting, I only have a few boxes, can only add a photo as it is with no option to change the size, not edit or other options, oh well will keep looking!

Same result with Chrome on tablet also, very limited & cannot post vid URL either, have to use laptop for that!

• As far as I know you only pay for the Puffin Browser once and it cost me a one of payment of just £5.00 and i use the Puffin Browser lots of times. Then I know my cousin got the Puffin Browser at a reduced amount a few years after I received the Puffin Browser to what I paid and the one of cost my cousin paid was approx £3.00 or £4.00 to get access to the Puffin Browser in just a one of payment. I don’t know weather that has changed or what the cost is to access the Puffin Browser at this present time.
  • Thanks all for the help. I will wait and see what Monday brings, if I get cut off, I will look into the cost to pay for it. I did not realise it was a one off payment, (thanks for that Thomo) that would be really good. It is the only browser that works on my Apple iPad (that .i have so far found) that will allow me to use the community, for posting photos, editing the sizes, sizes of text, type, colours etc.
  • A quick update for you. Well after the emails and latterly each time I logged on to Puffin and also reading on the internet that this was being withdrawn to free users, I am still here and using it. This is good as it is the only browser that will work fully for me on the iPad on the community, fingers crossed it stays that way!
    Hope you are still switched on Wendy! You know what I mean!