SPAM!!

I see they are at it again in the last half hour! Have flagged it as Spam.

• Yes, I've flagged them too, Catlady. What worries me is how these spammers get through. C'mon Moderators do your job.
  • At least now they are removed after we flag,,

this mornings was removed FAIRLY (doh! )quickly.
  • Yay, I think these pests have gone. Thanks Mods.
  • When had these sort of attacks several years ago they had promised to improve the security measures. Doesn't seem to be working.
  • Have just left a message with switchboard, she will TRY and make contact DOH!!!!!
  • It's getting beyond a joke. Is there no one monitoring what's going on?
  • I thought this for a long time that the management of this forum is going downhill rapidly. To start with this upgrage and the spamming has got worse with it happening so regularly. When I first joined this forum the moderators regularly posted on this forum. Where are the Moderators today when we need them. I flagged all of the spam posts many hours ago and it’s still happening right now and earlier spam posts haven’t been deleted hours after been reported. Other forums I know deal with this situation straight away. I’m also worried about all of our security on this forum. I do understand why some of the long serving forum member like myself have stopped posting on this forum. I feel so dispondent about what’s been happening lately on this forum and we now never seem to be kept informed of what’s happening, as I’ve always enjoyed reading all the posts from members on this forum. Last thing I say right now. I JUST DESPAIR!!
  • This forum is no worse for spam than many of the others I've been on, and still frequent. In fact it's a lot better than any others I've been on, some have daily spam, others have hourly spam

Yes it is annoying, but when new accounts are vetted, it's like the job interview, the candidate puts up a good case, they get accepted, and then wham, things go downhill. Even worse, a new applicant is vetted and they go silent for months, or even years.

When the moderators get a new applicant, they try their best to assess their relevance, most thankfully are good, but there are those that slip through, no matter how hard you try to vet them.

Another issue is if a redundant account gets hacked, not an uncommon practice, then the profile can be changed, new name, new contact details etc.

My blog receives all sorts of unwanted spam (some are eye wateringly nasty, and eye openers), which is why all comments are moderated, which is a shame for those genuine comments, but it keeps the content what it should be.

The best thing we can do is keep flagging the spam up using the 'More' icon.

Incidentally, if the moderators are monitoring this thread, this I found may be of interest, I'm guessing the 16 newcomers would have joined on the 24 June 2019