Black and brown woodpecker

We have two types of woodpecker visiting our feeder one is the normal white black and red but the other is black and brown with no red on the head

the shape is exactly the same as the normal one and same size 

is this a woodpecker ?

• Have you got a picture?? This could be a fledgling woodpecker, especially if they are visiting together. It would be interesting to see if it is. It could also be a European green woodpecker, but I'm not sure. Maybe a jay? I couldn't be sure without a picture
  • A brown looking Woodpecker? could it be a Wryneck ? close cousin,quite rare but some are in the country at the moment and behave like a woody.
  • A couple of years ago, a completely dark "woodpecker" landed on the peanuts. We looked the bird up, and it stated it was a woodpecker native of South America. Next day a lighter coloured, but brown woodpecker landed on the peanuts, so we looked this one up too, and the information was the same, a native of South America. We were not experienced bird watchers, and could not have made this coincidence up!!
    At the time I received some kind words from the forum at the RSPB, and encouragement to continue watching the birds, which was just as well as I had received ridicule from another organisation regarding these dark "woodpeckers". I used to count and submit numbers of wildlife, bees, birds, insects etc., but this experience stopped me doing so, as I didn't have the confidence to identify wildlife anymore.
    A year or so ago I received a message from another more experienced bird watcher in the same area where I live, who had seen a dark woodpecker. Coincidence? And I have never seen these "woodpeckers" or anything like them since. I did not get a photo either unfortunately. Seeing the first bird was a surprise, and certainly didn't expect to see a second the next day.
    But as posted in Seaman (Pete) reply: Birding is for everyone, no matter how good or bad we are at it. Those were similar words to the ones told to me over the Black Woodpecker incident, and that is really the bottom line.