Starlongs

Hi..we are completely new to this. We had starlings nest in our garage roof in April and they had 2 chicks which we think fledged successfully. Now, we are watching the male starling(  a darker black and smaller than the brown female?) Who seems to be nesting again in the same roof. He is displaying his wings and singing  and appears to be trying to attract a mate, there doesn't seem to be a female around. Could you tell us if this is usual starling behaviour for this time of year . as I say we are complete novices to bird watching .

Thank you

• Hi ! It seems many of us are new to this however it’s a great way to learn all be it kinda stressful too if things are going wrong or we simply don’t know the behaviour of the bird itself! I wish I could help more but unfortunately I can’t. Last week I took a baby sparrow to a rescue centre as it fledged but landed on the ground by the front door and I guess a cat got to it and I found it had a broken leg..the rescue centre is open 24/7 and is called Tiggywinkles so maybe they can give you advice? If no other advice pops up on here ?

Cheers

Clare