Blue tit fledglings all dead

Hey, firstly apologies I’m totally new to the site and know nothing about birds, and wish I done more research now. 

This is my first house, I wish I could use that as an excuse, but I still feel awful I’ve done something wrong here.

A bird box in our garden in a very shaded area, and noticed a blue tit flying in and out.

I was in the garden and noticed chirping from the box.  I put my phone camera to the hole and saw 4 fledglings. Now 4 days later, they are all dead.

Did I scare them to death?

I opened the door, looked inside and found 6 inside, one at the bottom completely eaten by maggots leaving only a few bones.  

What do I do?

I feel so sad and guilty I did something wrong

• Hey...sorry to hear this sad news but a lot of us are struggling with these little ones dying !! It’s so so sad .
    I wish I knew the answer to your question ,I believe we should not disturb them no matter what and I have read some where that it’s not uncommon for the babies to die. I recently found a newly hatched baby dead at the front of the nest and I’m afraid to go look in to it further just in case I find more.i hope someone has an answer for you and in return it may teach us something too.
  • Best thing would be to treat yourself to a nestbox with cam fitted that you can view via laptop, they are not all hideously expensive!

• Best thing would be to treat yourself to a nestbox with cam fitted that you can view via laptop, thetpy are not all hideously expensive!