Help crying fledgling

I have a fledgling on my windowsill. He's speckled and very vociferous. He's been trying to get in as he can obviously see me. He's hopped around for about half an hour. I think we may have nests on the roof and a large Elder which he has now hopped into. He can hop and flab his wings a bit. No adults around.

I'm in Islington. Can't bear to listen to him calling continuously.

What should I do

Maria-Teresa

• Hi Maria-Teresa,        when you say speckled ............does the bird look like this one ?      if so, this is a young robin fledgling.    

here is a photo of a juvenile Blackbird which is also speckled but larger than a robin ....     (  there are other birds it could be too like a Dunnock.)

Once they leave the nest they are attended to by their parents who will continue to feed them for approx. the next three weeks, often the male robin is left to tend to the new fledglings as the adult female will be finding a new area to build her next nest  as they can have two or three broods each year.          The young fledglings will naturally call out to let their parents know where they are so food is brought to them and if he/she is on your window sill it could also be seeing its own reflection in the glass.      

If the bird is larger than a robin, then it could be a young blackbird.       Either way, the parent bird/s won't be far away from their offspring as they continue to feed them so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.      Sounds as if it found it's way back to the Elder tree so it should be fine there.          It's a lovely time of year with all the new birdlife so enjoy it all.   ..............