Black bird

Hi i was driveing my car and a blackbird flew into my car i stoped to see if it was ok and it was still alive so i put it in a shoe box and tuck it home fed it and ave it water and made it comfy and tryed to find out what to do next but on rspca webiste it says take to vet but all vets round me are closed bank holiday what should i do 

• Hello Michael, if the bird looks okay, keep it somewhere warm and quiet, with some bird food and water. As you have used a shoe box, make sure you put air holes in the box. If you had something a bit bigger, like a basket or washing basket (not a solid type) that you could turn upside down, just to give the bird more room, put a towel and some paper towel under it and even a towel over the basket. I have rescued a few birds that have hit the house windows and put them in the cat carrier with a towel over the carrier and in a few hours they have all been okay and ready to be released. You can contact a vets or centre tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.