Thank you

Help. We moved into a rental property and advised owner repeatedly about holes in the eaves. By the time they got round to fixing some Jackdaws have moved in,nested and lain eggs, so they've not done anything.  One section is in the loft area I frequently use, is it okay to try and block that section off they have nested in? I think there may upto 3 nests but only 1 accessable.

Should I do anything else? How long before the eggs hatch and they leave the nest? Any health issues we should consider? 

Ps Our cat also enjoys the loft space so won't be happy being prevented from going up.

Thanks

• I think you've probably got the best idea - if you could put in a simple divider to keep the jackdaws up their end, it would allow you to keep using the main loft without disturbance (or the cat to get to them).  Even a few cardboard boxes might be enough.  I doubt there's a major health risk, the birds are going to go in and out of the space rather than explore too far I imagine.  Other than that, sit back and enjoy the house guests - and be ready with a camera when they fledge, young jackdaws are rather cute :-)

• Thanks for the feedback. Hope they hatch quick. Will see how I get on with trying to make a separation.
    Duncan