Blue tit activity

Blue tit investigating our box 

• This was around three or four weeks ago, she sleeps all night, but no nesting yet, she will fan and clean box in the morning
  • Ok, now I’m confused, the birds are in and out of each other’s boxes, they seem to remove the fanned feathers from my camera box, but don’t necessarily take them anywhere. Any advice
  • These are the boxes they flit between, ignore the one in the middle
  • If I was to place some fibres from our dryer in to the box, would this encourage or discourage the building of the nest?
    Help please
  • This little beauty is in and out all morning, but not brining anything
  • Hi Rob, personally, I wouldn't use tumble dryer material for the reasons that Debs mentioned - just scroll down for her comment on this thread. I put sheep wool out and often moss which I stuff into one of the fat cake square mesh feeders so they can just pull out what they need.

• Thanks Hazy, it’s new to me, currently watching her in and out, last two visits saw her fanning, but seems to be her own feathers. Then she/he will remove the odd item
  • Sunday March 24th

Two blue tits this morning  ( 10am - 12ish) very busy between both bird boxes, which confused me, seemed to be in and out. Obviously only one camera, so not sure what’s in the older box.

Later one bird kept visiting in and out over an hour or two, would fan, but didn’t seem to be bringing any material, but would remove the odd piece.

It does seem to be the same bird which is staying and has stayed overnight for last 3/4 weeks

Returned again around 1.30pm with a lot of pecking around entrance hole from inside and out