Injured? young thrush

Hi - I have what I think is a young thrush which was found in the compound of our workplace - it's beak appears to be stuck open - who will be able to help me with this - I am in Montrose Scotland

• Agree with Alan if the thrush looks injured and using the helpful link he has provided ......................       it may have even flown into a window and damaged its beak.

Assuming the bird wasn't just laying on the ground not moving and able to be approached ................       one thing just occured to me that with the recent hot sunny weather it may have been possible the thrush was sunning with its beak open ............... here is a photo of one of our blackbirds who kept its beak open for a good few minutes as  a way to cool itself off .     This blackbird (thrush) was healthy even though it looked to be flagging !  

• The bird appeared to be a bit stunned and was definitely having an issue with not being able to close it’s beak - managed to get it to drink a few drops of water and kept it warm in a box - it got a bit more lively and a girl from the SSPCA came and picked it up - hopefully something could be done for it - was like it had dislocated its jaw if that’s possible
  • That's good news Bob, well done and fingers crossed for this birds recovery.
  • Hi Bob,
    I hope you have managed to resolve the situation with the young thrush.
    If not, and for any future birdie customers, one thing you can do is take the bird to any vet, it doesn't have to be your own vet.
    All vets have an obligation to treat if possible, or euthanase if too-far-gone, any wild life in distress, at no cost to you.
    Sometimes this is the quickest way to get help as the big organisations can take a while to get back to you.
    Sorry I only joined today so wasn't able to reply earlier.
    Good luck,
    Daniella Stewart