Test post

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Wendy, see my comment on you Kestrel thread.

There are still glitches with this revised software. This thread has received no views but 11 (at the time of posting) replies. Weird. 

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Wendy, see my comment on you Kestrel thread.

Thanks TJ!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    This thread has received no views but 11 (at the time of posting) replies. Weird. 

That has happened before so is not as a result of these latest changes. It just amazes me how much changes when something is modified;

For instance - why do we lose the original posters name -this is bad news

How come the vote buttons disappear and the like button comes back - this is good news 

How come Sig blocks came back - also good news

Why have emoticons gone - though I guess that's related to restoration of the standard text boxes with the optional "rich text formatting". 

Why do we have to go back to the first page to reply to the original poster? 

However, like a lot of people I'm really waiting for the picture size to be sorted.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Granted, this recent change is a bit more like before the new system but with one HUGE disadvantage in that going to last post doesn't work (for me). It always goes to the first post and you have to scroll through the entire page and then flick manually through pages … so much more effort to get to the most recent post. Am I the only one who doesn't have this function?
    If it continues like this, with "go to last post" not doing anything, then the continual year long threads will be so much more of a pain to use than before! For me, this is worse than before the most recent change but could be resolved if the "go to last" is made functional again.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

It works for me, Nigel. Just clicked on the "Latest post" on the Home page and it went straight here to your post. Perhaps clearing the cache on whatever browser you are using is worth a try

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

I've hat "latest post" both work and not work today. Initially I thought it was a PC/phone thing, but not so. Might be a cache niggle, see what it does over the next day or two

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Thanks TJ and WJ
    My cache clears automatically every log-off and this was anyway a new thread, so no cache associated with it.
    However I may have sussed what I was doing wrong. Clicking on the word "Latest" sends you to the beginning. You need to click on the time to go to the end. Unfortunately this doesn't always show in the new format, apparently due to lack of space, but clicking on the empty space where it should be does still work. Perhaps I wasn't doing that before. The space thing is maybe because I'm on a small laptop and using a bigger screen wouldn't have that issue. For now, it seems to be working though, so thanks.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

If you are on the Community homepage or a Forum page and you select "Latest post that is at the end of a Thread line, that takes you to the bottom end of that thread, which is what we want. However, if you select your Latest Post from the panel at the right hand side of the page, then you go to the beginning of the thread, which is not what we want.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

The only thing you have to remember if you make photos too big you aren't going to get many posts per page, If anyone does a post with quite a few photos the same size Tony has tried you will find one post could take up more than one page, which in my opinion will be detrimental to the post.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    This thread has received no views but 11 (at the time of posting) replies. Weird. 

It would appear that all threads originated today have had no views, regardless of how many comments

----------

Cheers,

Bob