Can you identify this bird?

Can anybody tell me what the little bird might be? It arrived in my garden about 2nd week of December and has been feeding constantly at the seeds, dried mealworms and suet feeders each day since.

It's slightly smaller than the blue tits, and has the appearance of a miniature vulture, where its feathers are missing on its tiny little head, neck and chest. As you can see, its feathers are very wispy and it looks very scruffy.  When perching, it tends to 'flutter' its wings, like a baby bird waiting for food from an adult. When I first saw it I thought it must be ill, but it has been here for 2 months now and remains very active.

It isn't as nervous as the other birds, and settles down in the feeder to have a jolly good meal, rather than dashing back and forth.

• Such an amazing will to survive!
  • Bertie24 said:
    His live mealworms are arriving tomorrow

I'm sure the Blue Tit will really appreciate the live mealworms which contain higher protein and energy content and which should sustain this bird well.     Hopefully once breeding season is finished and around August time it will moult it's remaining feathers and gain new plumage before the autumn arrives as it does appear to be one tough little fighter, bless it.     You are doing all the right things to help Bertie so well done and good luck to this brave little Blue Tit.