Is this a black capped chickadee

Is this a black capped chickadee? It visited our garden in Burntwood, Staffordshire this morning.

• Hi Liz welcome to the community.

It is a Coal Tit (note the white stripe down the back of the head), we don't get Chickadees over here, our closest birds to them are Willow and Marsh Tits which look very similar.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thank you. I put the photo in a bird recognition app and it mentioned the chickadee. I must admit I was surprised as it said it was native to North America. I’m only just getting into bird watching so I appreciate your help.

• In reply to Liz Reece:

I'm far from an expert Liz and like most of us I'm still learning.

Don't be afraid to ask anything someone will always help.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thank you.

We’ve only just started encouraging birds to our garden with a bird feeder station, as we’ve always had a dog and she used to chase them away. They are only just showing an interest. We’ve had a dunnock, robin, black bird, blue tit, pigeons and now a coal tit. We hope more will come.

• In reply to Liz Reece:

I'm sure more will turn up, I see you have sunflower hearts out, they are by far the favourite food for birds such as the Tit family along with Goldfinches and over winter if you are lucky Siskins and Redpolls.

That is a good list if you have only just started feeding.

My Flickr photos