Hello

Hi, I’m new, I’m excited to see what wildlife I have in my garden and have been working to encourage birds into the garden ready for next week! I have had many that I have been able to identify but I spotted this little one today and am not sure exactly what it is - moved very fast and is shy (have only spotted a couple of times) and hasn’t made it to the feeders as yet! 

• Something good happened a couple of days ago while sitting at a local bus stop here in central London. It came about when a minute fragment of cheese from a sandwich I was carrying caught in my gloves and fell to the ground. Not expecting pigeons to notice or retrieve it, I was totally unprepared for what happened next when (sadly without camera) the rare shape and sight of a particular bird suddenly emerged from beneath my feet.  Although there is massive redevelopment work going on in the area, there are some listed houses with gardens still remaining so am guessing it might have come from one of those.  I was like Wow! when rewarded with lovely view in close up of the robin redbreast as it deliberated what to do with the morsel trapped within its beak before departing in swift flight.   

• Thanks Alan. 

Am planning on taking a few seeds and berries with me today.