Hello everyone~ Bird feeder from London

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I live in London city, but not next to the main road. I want to keep bird feeder in my balcony, however I am worry if it may be disturbing my neighbors such as building a nest. Can you please give me some advice? How do I know if any bird flies around my area? 

I aims to give bird feeder and fresh water in summer. 

Thank you.

• Hi Kiku welcome to the community from Sheffield.

What birds are you getting on your balcony, unless you have a nest box up for something like Blue Tits or Great Tits or you had a plant pot that something can use  I wouldn't think you would get anything nesting.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Alan,

How can I attract bird to come for food? I want to supply bird feeder. 

Thanks again. 

• Do you have a balcony you can get onto?

You can add just a simple coconut feeder up like John has done here from his flat window community.rspb.org.uk/.../blue-tit-on-my-feeder-via-my-flat-bay-window

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thank you Alan! 

• In reply to kiku:

Hello Kiku, welcome from me up at the very top of Scotland, in Caithness. As Alan has suggested something simple like the hanging coconut shell. if you can get out to your balcony you could put one of the clear plastic house  shaped window feeders that have suckers on them and stick that to the window. If you were able you could also tie feeders to the rail, or railings that would hold peanuts, mixed seed or sunflower hearts. Also some type of bowl, dish, pan to hold water to be used as a bath and or drinker. Good luck. I will find a link to the feeder for the window.

https://www.gardenwildlifedirect.co.uk/bird-feeders/bird-window-feeders.html

This is just an example of some of the different types of window feeders. Look in Amazon or ebay. You may want to keep it simple and not have too many, once the birds find the food they will come and depending on which floor you are on you may get over run with lots of visitors and that can mean lots of bird mess for you to clean up. You don't want to fall out with the neighbours over the mess on their balcony, as they may not be bird lovers.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.