Hello and a quick question

Hi All, being new to this I would like to say hello and I am looking forward to being part of the community. I have an initial question and I don’t know where to ask it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Here is the question anyway. 

I have spent the last few days making a new camera bird box for tits out of some teak I had from an old bench. I know I can’t paint the inside so the question is, can I put a couple more  round ‘windows’ on either side covered with some sanded Perspex to allow more light in and give my camera more time to operate in colour before going infra red. The box is twice the height so that I can now see the entrance hole as well as the complete nest.

Have a good Hogmany, Bibio55 

• Hi there Bibio, just to let you know that I have two cam boxes which each have an opaque plastic disc let in one side!

• Hi Bibio and welcome to the community.

I did this with a box I made but made it so I could add a little more light at a time after the eggs had hatched and there was not a problem I now know I could have made it different, as long as you can get to the nest box when the perants are out you should not have a problem but I don't know about having to much light in the begining they might not like the box but you could try in and find out, I will see if i can find any pictures I took while makeing it.

• Sadly I could not find the pictures when I was making the box up but did find this one when it was up on the wall.
    I have just edited the picture because I found you did not need the lower holes, the holes were drilled through the disk and box and a plastic disk cut from a milk bottle was used in between them, I had the holes to one side of the ones in the box so no light was going through into the box when the eggs hatched I turned the outer disk so letting in more light a little at a time until they were fully aligned.
    The box was at the side of the bedroom window so I could turn the outer disk when the birds were out getting food.

• Happy New Year. Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply I have taken it all on board and the decision is I am still not sure ha! ha! but I am going to bore the holes before I hang it anyway and then I will have the choice. Here is a pic of the beast as we now call it. Bob still retired I have taken on board about the size, interesting point. Time will tell, onwards and upwards. Bibio55