Pigeon with injured leg

• In reply to WendyBartter:

That's great news Wendy,  thanks for the update from Pauline and so nice to hear they are visiting for food regularly.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to Alan.:

It’s fine, it’s the one with the fine wing-span and occasionally let’s me stroke it, an extra bonus. Thank you.

• In reply to Pauline Mangion:

Good to hear Pauline, I'm sure it enjoys visiting your garden and all those treats and TLC, keep up the  good work.

Regards, Hazel 

• That's great news.

Growing up as kids we went round to see a friend who had Doves etc and we were taught to hold them by for example in your left hand and with them facing you and their legs between your first and second fingers, it means they rest their bodies in the palm of your hand.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks, will have to try that tip.

Hi Pauline, I have only just come across your post with it being bumped to the top of the pile, I have just sent you a friend request on facebook so you will know its me :)

Jim

My Pictures

A happy ending Pauline, guess you will be stocking up on the corn!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Always nice to hear when something goes well

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazy, looks as though I now have a new visitor, this time pigeon with only 1 functioning leg plus  a shrivelled one, very aggressive. Word must have got around that this is the place to come with leg problems. 

Good luck with this 2nd pigeon,  at least the easy food source will help it, especially if the weather turns cold.   We seem to have a dozen Wood pigeons and a stock dove at the moment enjoying mixed seed, sunflower hearts, peanuts.   

Regards, Hazel