Pigeon with injured leg

Thie bird is limping badly, has possibly a cord round it’s lower leg. I live in Ealing W54HB. Can anyone help. It could be caught as very tame, but I wouldn’t know how to keep bird still ( this bird rather old too) Thank you
Parents
  • Pauline said ...  **I have a happy ending to report. The injured pigeon returned with leg much improved with 2 others in his family. Tried to post a pic on the RSPB community forum but couldn’t. Here is the latest one. They visit twice a day and I have become their pop-in restaurant.  Thanks to all who tried to help when I was worried about an injured pigeon. Although I just talked to it sympathetically, maybe it realised I was a potential friend and that’s why it came back!**

• Pauline said ...  **I have a happy ending to report. The injured pigeon returned with leg much improved with 2 others in his family. Tried to post a pic on the RSPB community forum but couldn’t. Here is the latest one. They visit twice a day and I have become their pop-in restaurant.  Thanks to all who tried to help when I was worried about an injured pigeon. Although I just talked to it sympathetically, maybe it realised I was a potential friend and that’s why it came back!**

Children