Pigeon with injured leg

Thie bird is limping badly, has possibly a cord round it’s lower leg. I live in Ealing W54HB. Can anyone help. It could be caught as very tame, but I wouldn’t know how to keep bird still ( this bird rather old too) Thank you
Parents
  • Hi Pauline,   Sorry to hear bout the injured bird;      The Starlight Trust are a good place to start in finding help for the injured Pigeon, we have a forum member on here who rescues lots of pigeons and uses Starlight Trusts help medically and to rehabilitate them,  he would usually answer this post but is away until later this afternoon so try this link to contact them either by phone, email or their social media pages    HERES THE LINK     Hope this helps, good luck and thanks for caring enough to ask for help.

post edit:    If you are nearby the pigeon and as you say tame enough to capture,   you could perhaps use a cardboard box (with sufficient air holes) or  borrow a pet carrier like is used for small cats and dogs and place a clean duster or cloth in the base of it for the bird to give it some grip in the box and place a small bowl of water in there.    The trust will probably arrange for someone to collect the pigeon from you.  

Try (after 10am)......     Phone: 0844 586 8634

• Thank you very much for the info.

• You are very welcome Pauline, hope the pigeon makes a good recovery, they can often get their feet entwined which can cut off the blood flow;  once again, thanks for taking the time to get help for it as a lot of people would walk on by.

• Hello Pauline, I hope you managed to get the pigeon into a box okay. Were you able to get any help? Excellent advice from Hazel. As she said many would not even look, let alone try to help, so well done.

Reply Children
No Data