Bet you can't guess where I am!! Arran, I am back !!Update (02/09/18)

Good evening all. Well I am on the Isle of Arran. I have told you that we visit here as we have family here and usually camp in Lochranza, it is always in the summer. We had an unexpected invitation to come over to a family birthday and reunion, after booking leave, the cat into the cattery, a self catering cottage, leaving at 7.30am, ferry over, 7.5 hrs travel, here we are! We have a lovely little cottage for a few nights, fully furnished, it's just lovely and with a bottle of red wine and some fresh flowers on arrival! On reading the guest book, many birds and red squirrels come to the garden, where is my bird food, at home! Well I packed everything I thought we would need! We met up with some family on the ferry and took them home, on the way one shouted, there is a huge bird sitting on that rock, it must have been a buzzard the other said, no far too big, I think it was the Golden Eagle!! My eyes are going to be peeled, hopefully I will get a few photos of some birds, wildlife and the views and post them when I get home. Lovely run down and over, dry, no wind, rain, snow, ice so fingers crossed!

• Good evening all, as promised, here are some pictures. Remember that I only have my iPad, so not super quality ones, but not bad. Enjoy.

View from the cottage looking out over The Kilbrannon Sound over to the Mull of Kintyre. Some fancy boat was passing through.

Another view looking further up the sound.

Some of the lovely trees and shrubs around the cottage. Bay tree and a lilac/pink Rhododendron.

Another Rhododendron, deep lilac and white.

Another selection of trees/shrubs, potentilla, fuchsia, an others.

The following are what we saw from inside, looking out. That is a palm tree in the middle.

The next two from the kitchen window, when doing the dishes! 

From the upstaris bedroom window.

A Percy visitor, that thinks he comes with renting the cottage!

Anothr cheeky visitor!

A view across the water from Brodick Bay.

The view passing Goat Fell coming down into Brodick, from inside the car.

On a trip out we came across these beauties, 3 lovely Peacocks.

To finish a lovely sunset, the view slightly right, from the first photo.

We had lots of birdies visiting, great tit, blue tit, Robin, blackbird, Dunnock, chaffinch! and also saw many different sea birds and a family of swans. Too much reflecting when trying to photo through the glass and they were so quick to fly away. Hope you enjoy a little taste of Arran. For those who have been, maybe some memories and for those not having been, something to think about. 

Thanks for looking and the comments already made. CL.

• Excellent pics to give us a taste of your lovely surroundings CL, seems very peaceful, just what you needed after the trials & tribs of getting there, thanks for sharing!

• Palm trees, and red squirrels in your garden, lovely views everywhere, looks like an ideal place to relax Catlady, and then of course all the birdlife to enjoy also, can't see me ever getting up there but it's great to see your photos.

• What an idylic setting Catlady, looks very relaxing in the nature wonderland with views overlooking the Mull of Kyntyre (can't help thinking Paul McCartney at this point lol), also the fabulous native red cyrils and sightings of other birds including the peacocks ........ don't think I'd ever leave   lol     Thanks for uploading these lovely pics, not being greedy but looking forward to more pics when you get time  !!!

• Looks like a lovely place to have a relaxing holiday, Catlady. The climate must be very mild there to have all those beautiful flowers and even a palm tree. Great to see a Red Squirrel in the garden too.

• Very nice pictures CT, it looks a very nice place for a holiday.

• Looks like a lovely place and sounds like you had a good time (apart from the travel woes!).

• Lynn L said:

Good evening all, as promised, here are some pictures. Remember that I only have my iPad, so not super quality ones, but not bad. Enjoy.

We had lots of birdies visiting, great tit, blue tit, Robin, blackbird, Dunnock, chaffinch! and also saw many different sea birds and a family of swans. Too much reflecting when trying to photo through the glass and they were so quick to fly away. Hope you enjoy a little taste of Arran. For those who have been, maybe some memories and for those not having been, something to think about. 

Thanks for looking and the comments already made. CL.

Fabulous photos CL, making me miss my annual trips to Kingussie, near Aviemore.