Catlady's Garden - Update 16/01/24

This was the scene on getting up this morning! Taken through window.

Percy and one of his lady friends decided to make their way to the back for food! Also taken through window.

Later on in the morning. Nice to look at but not at the end of April! Taken from front door.

Thats all for now.

• He must know he's not exactly well-hidden, so is just playing awkward, keeping the birds of the feeders by sitting out in the open … maybe it's all part of the big plan and he's starving them and weakening them up to make them easier to catch next week. Smart bird!!!

• maybe it's all part of the big plan and he's starving them and weakening them up to make them easier to catch next week. Smart bird!!!

I hope not Nigel, he can go to someone else's garden and do that!!

• Being a lovely day, I was able to spend some time in the garden. Looking back on this thread, in 2017 when I posted the spring bulbs and the front border, it was the middle of May, there may have been slightly more growth then but not much, what a difference in 2 years and 2 1/2 monthe earlier!

This shrub had a haircut today, it looks a bit drastic and each time I do it I think it will not recover, but it always does. The sparrows love being in here and have started to go in and out, so it was today or not at all.

It always looks a bit sparce just now, but once the lupins at the back and everything else starts to grow, it soon fills out.

This is the daffies and the little Tet-a-tet daffies that have come on so early this year.

A close up of the two lovely Primroses, there was a red and pink one but they have died. Lidl has a lot of plants and fruit bushes this week so will be having a look on Friday.

A couple of the flowering currant again each year it seems to be out earlier. Soon it will give cover and privacy from next door.

That's all, hope you enjoy the update. CL.

• Your garden is bloomin' gorgeous Catlady ! wonderful spring colour, love the spring bulbs, pretty primroses and flowering currant
  • Have spent the day cutting grass (3.5hours) I did have a quick seat a couple of times, but now I am pooped! When I was taking the washing in the sun was shining and I thought the Virginia creeper, that was so green and has now turned very autumnal looked lovely. Here are a couple of photos.

• Wanna come and do my garden CL? I can pay in cups of tea, and chocolate biccies :o)
  • Sounds like a very busy few hours in the garden Catlady so well done, I'm sure very satisfying when you see the newly cut grass; how beautiful the front of the house looks with the stunning colours from the Virginia Creeper, a relaxing area with that lovely bench seat that just calls to be sat upon - is that your cuppa to the right of it ! We come at mates rates and just like PB ….. payment in tea and biccies will suffice plus a seat on the bench when on 15 min tea breaks LOL
    Since we gave up our large garden we were helping my elderly Auntie yesterday by doing a bit of strimming, pruning and weeding, it's a big garden for her to manage alone since my Uncle passed away a few months ago.
  • 15 minutes?? You're generous!!!
  • LOL PB, sometimes gardens are so big you only have time for 15 min break ! Catlady has a large back garden from what I saw in other photos !
  • Beautiful colours to adorn the house.

Lynn L said:
    When I was taking the washing in the sun was shining

Sun??!! You've had very different weather to me!