Catlady's Garden - Update 16/01/24

This was the scene on getting up this morning! Taken through window.

Percy and one of his lady friends decided to make their way to the back for food! Also taken through window.

Later on in the morning. Nice to look at but not at the end of April! Taken from front door.

Thats all for now.

• Thanks Nigel, yes we had only planned to replace it when it started getting shoogly! A local farmer uses the grazing for his sheep and cattle, not just now, so hope the message gets to him that the field is out of bounds, otherwise we will have a lovely front garden! Maybe the neighbour could shelter the animals in there, think the shed will be big enough after using all that wood!

• Wow Catlady,   Gardens always bring work and fencing is a major job,   I remember when our fence suffered damage from a storm in 2011 and being a row of palings, they came down like a set of dominoes once one had come loose  !    We ended up having to put new timber supports in, as you say, set in concrete through sandy soil !    I got quite good at pulling out the old nails and then hammering each paling back in place much to the amusement of our surrounding neighbours who all have their own gardeners to do such jobs   LOL      As you will have found, very hard work but satisfying when you complete the task   - so well done !   

• Morning Catlady, Missed this post and just browsing saw you had been having it rough up there in bonnie Scotland, hope you get a rest this holiday and no more storms.   Hard work indeed, don't think I would have coped so well.    Luckily here it was bad but not much damage, I had to tie up the back gate and lock the side door which now is unable to close, but apart from that we got through it all.   Hope you manage to keep your garden intact with no stock invading, your birds will miss their shelter behind the fence.    Glad your trees still stayed up, complete with nest box.

• Thanks Gaynor, all the wood is over the fence now and we are enjoying the open view! On th subject of the birds, when out with some food, the Sparrwohawk has been visiting, there is a pile of plucked feathers!

• Little tykes I call them......but of course they have to feed and what fantastic looking birds they are too.   I had to search to find this post!!!, doesn't come up on All Creatures as it used to grrrrrr.

• PS    same with Bob's post, fantastic photos from Iceland and no-one has seen them on Chat.

• Good morning all, thought you may like to see what greeted us this morning!!

Good job it is not a working day, will have to clear it by tomorrow!

Looks quite nice with the poor fence down!

You will be please to hear that the baths and drinkers have fresh water and the banquet has once again been laid out!

Thanks for reading. CL

• a very wintery scene Catlady but does look pretty all dressed in glistening white;  lovely photos.

• Very pretty, CL. Down here in the south we are supposed to get it on Thursday. Who knows.

• On coming home from town this afternoon, I looked out the garage window, where I have most of the feeders, and thought to myself, no birds, a bit odd as everything was filled up yesterday. I never noticed what was staring me in the face, sitting on the branch almost centre of the picture. Not great photos as taken through a rather dirty/snowy window.

The Sparrowhawk had decided to visit and was sitting waiting as if butter would not melt! He started ooking up and turning his head so I opened the door and off he flew! He has already had 4 meals in this last week, so no more for now!