Night Vision

Hi all,

Following a visit to watch badgers in a local location I have been viewing online with the prospect of purchasing some 'night vision' equipment. 

Anyone out there any recommendations on any particular item to use & approx price?

Regards

Jim

• Hi Jim,

I amno expert in this field but having a browse in the net it seems that  ATN, Yukon and Bushnell do some reasonably priced kit from about 100 to 300 quid.

I know Bushnell also sell infrared camera traps that are very popular with wildlife photographers that can also produce video footage.

I have thought about buying a set myself especially for bat walks.

Good luck in your search

Regards

Craig

• Hiya JIm, again not a bit of kit I use, but with optics in general you get what you pay for.

Would spend some time, reading review's and if possible test them first (hard I know as shops aren't open overnight, but maybe they have a dark storage area etc)

If you can find some by a manufacturer, whose lenses you already use that would be a bonus as you will have an idea of the quality.

Good luck :)

• Currently, I use Solomark to shoot videos of animal activities at night. This Night Vision Monocular is very cheap, less than two hundred dollars, suitable for newcomers like me. If you don't have a lot of budgets, you can consider it.