Pigeon nesting in building's balcony about to be taken off by the management company to allow scaffolding works for fire safety.

Hi there,

I've got a pigeon nesting on my balcony in a cupboard and now the scaffolding company has started the works there and the building's management said they will take the cupboard with the pigeon away themselves later today. I just wonder whether this is allowed?

Thanks a lot for any information! :)

• Hi, I think unless they have a special licence to remove an active nest then its against the law.

Here is a link that may give you some more info until someone with a lot more knowledge than me can offer some help

www.rspb.org.uk/.../

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for that! It just reinforced my own understanding and I will ask them for their license to do it.

Thanks again!
    Helo
  • In reply to Helo:

Not a problem. Let us know how you get on

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• If it is for safety work to be done , going on past experience I'm sure that permission can be got but the law may have changed since aI was involved in construction please let us know what the outcome is

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can