Type of Bird

Trying to identify these birds. I think they are Buntings but trying to identify what type. Thanks for your help

• Hi Guy they are Reed Buntings, female top left and Male bottom right.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Alan, thank you very much. First time I've seen them in my garden.
  • You do get them in gardens at this time of the year, I assume you have bird seed out?

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Yes I do. Sunflower seeds and peanuts. I had a bird seed mix before but found that it would rot and no birds were interested in it. I also have some fat balls.
  • Hi

out of interest what bird seed mix did you use? I buy premium wild bird ( no wheat) seed from a pet store at £1 a kilo and it needs a refill every day:

Tesco wild bird food works well too but I don't buy so-called bird seed from pet shops- it seems to be aimed at budgerigars and canaries:

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi

out of interest what bird seed mix did you use? I buy premium wild bird ( no wheat) seed from a pet store at £1 a kilo and it needs a refill every day:

Tesco wild bird food works well too but I don't buy so-called bird seed from pet shops- it seems to be aimed at budgerigars and canaries:

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi S,

I can't actually remember. It might have been Wilko.

I've just bought another packet called Extra select wild bird food (no wheat) on Amazon, so should be here Monday. I'll give it a try. Also approx £1 per kilo.

Thanks for the Info.

Guy