Binoculars

Hi

I'd be very grateful for advice regarding binoculars. I want to buy a pair for watching birds in my garden, and in the woodlands we regularly walk through, and have a budget of £100. I know binoculars can cost a lot more than that, and I guess in general you get what you pay for, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has particular recommendations for my price range, there must be some good quality budget binoculars out there for us beginners ?

Thank you

• Don't ignore some of the RSPB bins - the Avocets are OK for example (sneaking up a bit from your budget). Be wary of some less expensive bins though, you may find they're really sized for children and won't be comfortable to use as an adult - best to find somewhere you can handle and try them out if possible. That's normally the best answer with optics anyway - the ergonomics, acceptable weight and clarity can be very personal things. Minsmere reserve, Cley Spy, InFocus, Viking Optics are the places I normally suggest
  • Hi

RSPB bins are good for the money :

Or you could try a secondhand pair from a reputable dealer- Cley Spy being one.

You might end up with an old pair of mine!

S