Gopro Hero 7 Black

I'm giving serious consideration to buying this rather nifty piece of kit and was wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with these cameras. This one has a voice activation feature and that will come in useful when filming the Robins at Leighton Moss next June. AO are currently selling it at £244 as part of their 'Black Friday' offers. That is a very good price.

Any feedback welcome.

• Unknown said:
    I therefore went for the Hero8 Black

Good job you didn't hang around to purchase on that link I sent you Paul as they've sold out now !    I couldn't justify the purchase as there are far more pressing things for me to buy first.   Enjoy the GoPro and look forward to the robin clips in due course.    A snowy scene would be nice over winter  lol

• Unknown said:
    All I will have to do is watch them and the Gopro will record what I see. At least that is the idea.

You might also experiment with setting it up on the tripod - the wide angle of GoPros will give a good field of view and you'll get much steadier films, although it will only be for when you expect the Robin stay in a confined area, eg singing or feeding

• Paul, have a look on YouTube at some of the videos posted by hill and moorland walkers, a good many also take still using GoPro's, and some of those still are very good.

I never took any stills with mine, but I've no doubt it would be as capable as any compact.