Baby Robin or Sparrow?

Hi, 

thought i'd ask here. We found a baby bird the other day in the forest (here in spain.. it was on an open path in the 35 degree heat and was not in the best of conditions) we looked around to see if there was a nest but there wasn't and to leave the baby bird there was leaving it to a certain death. We took it home and have been caring for it since. It survived the fuirst night and is getting stronger from day to day. 

Me and my girlfriend just aren't quite sure what we have found ourselves. Is it a robin or is it a sparrow? We'd like to know just to be sure that we're feeding it the correct foods. (judging by it's growth and daily health improvements i'd say we are but still, never hurts to ask) 

**Picture below**

Thanks, Tom 

Parents
  • If you can get live mealworms or wax worms, they will need to be 'dealt with' before feeding them to the bird. If they are in one piece and alive they may pass through the digestive system intact and will be passed alive, thus giving no nutrition to the bird. I experienced this with the blackbird nestlings that I recently cared for. If you're not squeamish, pierce the wax worms with a scalpel and cut off the head of the mealworms. Try to avoid getting any of the residue in your eyes...
  • If you can get live mealworms or wax worms, they will need to be 'dealt with' before feeding them to the bird. If they are in one piece and alive they may pass through the digestive system intact and will be passed alive, thus giving no nutrition to the bird. I experienced this with the blackbird nestlings that I recently cared for. If you're not squeamish, pierce the wax worms with a scalpel and cut off the head of the mealworms. Try to avoid getting any of the residue in your eyes...
Children