Fledgling trapped in window well, healthy but stuck

2 days ago I found a little sparrow fledgling in my backyard hopping around. His parents were nearby and feed him very often, so I figured I'd leave them alone and hope the best for him. But the little guy fell into our window well and has been there ever since. His parents still feed him (quite often, sometimes up to every 10 minutes or so) but the little guy cant get out. Reading up on it, I figured 'leave him alone; he'll figure it out' was the best course of action, but the more I think about him, the more I worry. Is he supposed to be learning how to find food for himself? The dangers of the world?? He's protected in this hole, and sure he'll figure out how to fly eventually and get out, but will he be missing some crucial knowledge that will help him survive??

Basically I just want to know if I should help this little guy get out, or if I should 'leave him alone to figure it out'.

• Hi Renee, I would suggest that if the parents are managing to feed the young fledgling where it is then leave well alone unless it is in imminent danger or injured; adult birds will continue to support and feed their fledglings for two or three weeks and the bird should be able to find its own way out in due course. You should only intervene if the situation declines so just keep an eye on things from a distance and all should be well if the parents are returning regularly to the feed their young chick. Good luck.

Edit:   cross-post with Robbo 

• Alright, I'll leave them alone and hope for the best. I'm just worried for him. Grown attached to him. I called him PJ.
    His parents are still watching over and feeding him.
    Though I am wondering, instead of taking him out, could I put, say, a branch in it to help him get out by himself? Or truly just leave it entirely alone
    Also thank you both for the quick reply, you dont know how much of a relief it was to get them. I honestly didnt know who to ask for this

Edit: I've added pictures!

•  Here's a picture of the window well! I have a great view of him from my basement window

• the young nestling looks to be well fed and if the parents are still continuing to return with food it should be absolutely fine and quite safe where it is at the moment. I would not add any twigs or other structure to enable it to climb out as it could make easy access for other predators to get to the chick so I would keep your eye on it from a distance and hopefully once it matures a little bit more the time will arrive when it will start stretching and opening those wings and start to fly out once the parents begin calling to it. Only if the situation deteriorated seriously would you intervene so fingers crossed this little one continues to get well fed and then fledges properly - the parents will coax it out when the time comes. Good luck.