Merrell Moab Mid Gore-tex walking boots

Hi

light weight walkers - really comfy though I bought a size 8 / Euro 42  when I take 7 in trainers etc.

Comfy and lightweight but haven't tried them in the wet yet- zero precipitation here lately; Easy to drive in too :)

Bottoms of feet feel fine with no extra liners whereas my Brasher ( supalite sole?)  make my feet ache after about 3 miles;

S

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi Seymouraves,

Thanks for the recommendation. Highly useful for all!

Many Thanks,

Emily

• In reply to Emily W:

Hi

update  on footwear;

It appears that Berghaus have bought out Brasher which is handy as I just upgraded my old Brashers to a pair of Berghaus Expeditors as my heavy birding boots of choice and they were fabulously comfy around Spurn on tarmac and Norfolk muddy paths ; took long wet grass at Eldernell with no problems.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Well I only wear Meindl, I find the best costs more

http://www.jrs-photography.co.uk

• In reply to Jeremy R:

I like the Meindl Responds boot.

:)

S

• Hi-

I'm back!

The Berghaus boots were great around Shetland in the autumn- as were the muckboots

S

Great to see you back S,   glad the boots stood up the the rigors of Shetland;    Muckboots (welly type) do look sturdy, have often thought about them for gardening purposes  !      btw,  any more drawings for us  ?  loved the xmas card you did.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Welcome back S

I've always had Brasher (now Berghaus) Hillmaster II,s and they have been comfortable from the first day on.

My Flickr photos

Hi Seymouraves, great to see you back with us.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Alan.:

I used Brashers right back from when their original suede boots such a difference from the heavy clodhoppers we were used to back then. Nowadays most of my easy moorland walking is done in a decent pair of walking shoes.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can