Birding- Men in tights - A Mel Brooks Film

We're men- birding men, we 're men with bins

we don't hang out in museums playing with skins;

we're men,- birding men, we bird with chicks,

we bird around the hotspots looking for ticks;

we all know our Acros- so don't give us grief or else you'll get our Mannfrotos!

We're men-  birding men, we eat out of tins,

If you need new birds then send for the men with bins!

• They came back for a weekend and saw 118 species including 3 spp of wheatear, a Dowitcher, an Ibis, Lapp Bunts, Crane, 2 spp of harrier, Black necked grebe, Waxwing, Long tailed duck, Twite, Peregrine  and Osprey;

S

• They returned- like a gang of Fu Manchus

No get together last year because of COVID and this year there were five guys - and two birding wives:

The birding was hard with wind in the wrong direction and we had to make do with  a Pectoral Sandpiper on Frampton Reservoir then Grey Phalarope and a close encounter with Purple Sandpiper and Snow Bunting on the Norfolk coast:

They will return.........

• I'm glad your little group managed to meet up again Seymour Because we all live on the Western edge of the Yorkshire Dales our little Raptor group has managed to stay in contact more than some others. I have found recently that because my eyes are deteriorating I am relying more on there help but as we go back quite a long way they are quite happy with the arrangement. Are the birding wives a new addition? Chris has always been welcomed by the group as a birder not just as my chauffeur.