Books about Starlings

Can anyone recommend any books about the natural history of Starlings in the UK please? I’m aware of the 1984 monograph by Freare but wonder if there’s something more recent. 

• Hello Cathy, sadly I can't recommend any books, but hopefully someone may be able to.

Is there anything specific that you're looking for, if there is, be it one or more things, if that info is shared, it may direct someone to the book that would suit your request.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Hi Mike, thanks for replying.

I'm after a general natural history of Starlings that covers their biology, diet, breeding and habits; what habitats they prefer and why; how they've adapted and continue to adapt to habitat and climate change; and their fortunes (ups and downs) in this country over the past 100 years or so.

Such books exist on many other single species, but I can't find one on Starlings other than the 1984 Freare book.
  • In reply to Cathy W:

You're welcome.

I was also wondering if you were researching for a degree or something, hence the asking.

Fingers crossed someone has an answer for you.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

No degree, just personal interest. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Fingers crossed indeed!