Seeking birders to review The Birdwatcher's Wife

Hello all,

Seeking birders to review my latest book, The Birdwatcher’s Wife.

It’s about the big year my husband and I had in France in 2019. Actually, he’s the passionate birder and finding 200 species in France in one year was his idea. The eat-preen-love lifestyle of birds didn’t fascinate me, but the off the beaten path adventure did.  Despite my trepidation, off we went. From our home in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, we criss-crossed the country from the Med to the English Channel, the Pyrenees to the Alps.  Challenges were many, but we’re still married!

The March edition of the UK-publication French Property News ran a three-page article on our life in France and how it inspired two books. (The first was Passion for Provence: 22 Keys to La Belle Vie.) That publicity and other similar press is all wonderful, but what would be genuinely satisfying would be to have some RSPB folks review the book. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any ideas you care to share.

Kind regards, Gayle Smith Padgett

• Hi GSP

did you send a copy to Birdwatching or British Birds magazine for review?

S
  • Hello Seymouraves,

Thank you very much for the excellent suggestions. I've reviewed the websites and noted the editors, so now I'll move on to contact.

Very kind of you to take the time to share this info--much appreciated.

Stay cool!

Kind regards, Gayle
    PS Down here in toasty St. Remy de Provence, we had a happy birdwatching experience while on a bike ride--binoculars in the basket. Saw a Hoopoe, Roller, and Goldfinches.
  • Crisply written, fast-paced and witty - I really enjoyed reading this refreshingly offbeat contribution to ornithology. It takes you right into the heart of France and the Gallic lifestyle (so need to endure long queues outside Folkestone or Dover!)
  • Dear Goosander, Mille fois merci, as they say in these parts (specifically, Provence) for your kind words. I'm thrilled you connected with the book as you did. Wonderful of you to take the time to post your comments. Much appreciated! I'm guessing you've been to the Camargue, but if not, I do hope you have the chance to go some day. Kind regards, Gayle S. Padgett, author, The Birdwatcher's Wife.