Minsmere Portrait of a Bird Reserve

Has anyone this book published in the 1970’s and has not been available to buy for quite a long a period now. I bought this book from the RSPB as soon as this book was published and I'm lucky enough to have Herbert Axell’s and Eric Hosking’s autograph signature’s as i bough the book straight away directly from the RSPB. This book sometimes become’s available on Amazon and Ebay. My hardback copy now shows a bit of wear and tear.'.

Regards,

Ian.

• Here are the signatures in my copy of the book about Minsmere of Herbert Axell and Eric Hosking.

Regards,

Ian.

• Is still available from Amazon ...
    Buy Used
    £2.39
    + £2.40 delivery
    But not signed like yours Ian!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I was very lucky, as I ordered my copy straight away from the RSPB, by royal mail in the 1970’s as no internet in the 1970’s and I didn’t even know that they had signed that book if you ordered it from the first batch of those Minsmere Books you would get a signed copy by those 2 famous men and I had a nice surprise on that occasion There where no RSPB Visitor Centres with shops and cafe’s at RSPB reserves then, which you could visit to buy an item and the only way you could buy RSPB items was by the RSPB catalogue that always came with the RSPB Birds magazine, which if your old enough and have been an RSPB member like myself will know that the RSPB magazine was published 6 times a year every 2 months in the early 1970’s.

Regards,

Ian.

• I wasn't involved with RSPB back then Ian, not even a birder til late in life but it's good to know some history!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I've not read that one, looks like it might be great for a trip into the past, see how the reserve has changed over the years. I might just have to go and buy that Amazon copy....

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index