Why do we still not have a sensible forum layout?

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/about/f/911/t/60197.aspx

I stand by my post made on this thread and this was two years ago now, still waiting for someone to sort it all out. Believe me there will be SO many more forum users if we have a standard layout.
In fact, why do you need to pay for your forum software? It doesn't seem to have anything over free forum software such as SMF, is there some legal reason for this?

Why is it taking so long to redo the forum layout?? If you paid me (or even if I was just a volunteer!) I'd happily take over the job and get it done myself. So, got any jobs going in that department? It really needs doing.

I love Columbidae.

• You like it, or you got used to it? The layout is inefficient, I can't believe anyone can actually like clicking unnecessarily :)

I love Columbidae.

• Hi all

I'm moderating today, i've forwarded your concerns to the web team, and the comments on other threads as well. I would say that this has been addressed by the web team in the recent update threads, the layout or Information Architecture will be one of the things looked at in the overall review of the RSPB digital presence.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Very pleased to hear that this is finally being looked into, if I'd known I might not have pestered again.

@doggie ahh I completely understand. It's a good package overall yes, but I'm quite sure you can get all the same features with SMF if you add modifications to it.

I suppose that bit is all down to personal taste though :)

I love Columbidae.