Do I stay, or do I go now???

I have only been here for five minutes(one post in Hello), and already feel like giving up!!!

For over an hour I have been trying to post a pic'. I click on the Insert Media icon, make sure I am on Computer Upload, click on Browse, find my pic' and click on Open. Up to this point all is well. Then nothing!!!!! I have waited for anything up to ten minutes for the green bar to move...........................nothing.

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and never have any problems posting pic's to any other forums I am a member of.

Speaking of which, instead of having to search through various headings, why not have all the forums under one heading, i.e. Forums.

To all the friendly people here, sorry for my rant, I'm just so darn frustrated. I really would like to stay as part of the community :-(

Going to go for a walk and pick some brambles to chill out :-)

• Hi Peter,    I was sorry to hear of the difficulties you had trying to upload a photo, please don't give up as it does work ... really !     I am also using Windows 7 64bit.    As Alan (Doggie) suggests, double click on your photo but another thing I would add is don't press the Insert button until you can see your photo in the box above it,  I found I was pressing the insert button too quickly and nothing was happening.   So, take a deep breath, count to ten and make sure you have your fingers and toes crossed too for good measure LOL    good luck and I look forward to seeing your photos.    

• Well, went for my walk yesterday and found the brambles were in a bad way. Not very many big ones, with most of the rest dried out on the vine. Not a very good start to my mood. 1/2 hour later and I was watching a small flock of Bullfinch on a Rowan bush. What is it about human nature that attracts people to a photographer to ask, what you are watching..................NOTHING now you have scared them away.

As for my problem: YIPEEEEE!! Spent several hours this morning trolling through the old posts for info. Downloaded Firefox and...............IT WORKS:-) :-)

Have posted my first pic's in Wildlife, All Creatures. Really chuffed that I am staying.

• Unknown said:

I have only been here for five minutes(one post in Hello), and already feel like giving up!!!

For over an hour I have been trying to post a pic'. I click on the Insert Media icon, make sure I am on Computer Upload, click on Browse, find my pic' and click on Open. Up to this point all is well. Then nothing!!!!! I have waited for anything up to ten minutes for the green bar to move...........................nothing.

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and never have any problems posting pic's to any other forums I am a member of.

Speaking of which, instead of having to search through various headings, why not have all the forums under one heading, i.e. Forums.

To all the friendly people here, sorry for my rant, I'm just so darn frustrated. I really would like to stay as part of the community :-(

Going to go for a walk and pick some brambles to chill out :-)

Glad you did not give up. 

Away back in late 2005 there was a poster in one of my forums that was so frustrated that she could not make a signature that she stomped out saying she was leaving. 

Well amazingly the next day she came back and somehow she could do a signature. From there on she just went from strength, later becoming an assistant moderator in a book forum and later opened her own forum.

The poster was disabled and she later said "My world was so small and now it is large".

So just as well she persisted.

I tell this story as I ran into her in a forum last week and she referred to that incident as "Happy Days".

If you are willing to persist you can have a great time.

Computers? Well I been using computers about 38 years and they are just as frustrating now as the days when we were using an acoustic coupler to log in to a computer a lot less powerful than most smart phones nowadays.