This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Unknown said:

Hi Bob

In IE go to tools, look for compatibility view and add the site to the list

Alan,  Thank you.  I have had to do that before but didn't realise when I cleared my history (when the site was down) it removed that as well.

• Unknown said:

Yes, the same problem with the Reply button disappearing in PM  but I found if you hover your mouse where the Reply button is supposed to be (bottom right below message box) you will see the cursor change into a hand symbol which you can click to reply.   Hope this helps whilst they fix the problem.

I'm now getting the problem as well - I'm going to try your solution.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Can I point out that accepting friend requests are still a complete pain in the proverbials?  I've received one and quite frankly I've lost count of the number of times I've tried getting to the Accept/Reject screen.  As I use my work email I'll be going into that today in an effort to finally get somewhere......but why should any of us have to resort to that?  It should be so easy to just get what we want with just one click.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi- I STILL cannot get in via the COMMUNITY link on the water vole front page- despite clearing history etc-  have to use a faved Gear Guide post

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Everything getting very slow.

• Not sure how real this problem is but it seems to have cropped up twice recently.

If you edit a post twice in fairly quick succession you get presented with the original version of the post rather than the edited version. This can be somewhat confusing.

This has happened to me twice in the last 25 hours. 

• Hazel b said:

Not sure how real this problem is but it seems to have cropped up twice recently.

If you edit a post twice in fairly quick succession you get presented with the original version of the post rather than the edited version. This can be somewhat confusing.

This has happened to me twice in the last 24 hours. 

Yes as you can see I get presented with the unedited version. ie it says 24 not 25 as I inserted. 

• I'm having problems accessing the Near You RSPB webpages on the RSPB Homepage and I keep getting it saying, their is an error, on that webpage. I have mentioned it on another part of the RSPB Forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and one other person has posted having the same problem as me with that webpage.

Regards,

Ian.

• Since the Big Birdwarch weekend the Loch Garten forum page is redirecting to the 'closed for maintenance' for me.  There are active threads which I can reach via recent posts on 'community home' .  I can aslo get the blog page.

Hilary J

• Unknown said:

I'm having problems accessing the Near You RSPB webpages on the RSPB Homepage and I keep getting it saying, their is an error, on that webpage. I have mentioned it on another part of the RSPB Forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and one other person has posted having the same problem as me with that webpage.

THOMO, see Maurice's post here.