Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    Which browser do you use and are you sure you want to be left signed in?

I have Internet Explorer 10.

Thanks to Robbo and Whistling Joe for responding to (it seems today) my rather peevish complaint. If it's the ongoing tweaks, enough said!

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    the empty reply box at the bottom of each thread page very disconcerting - makes me think it is end of thread

I mentioned this (twice, I think) in the very early days after the new system was introduced.  Either it must be a difficult feature to "correct" or our point of view is not appreciated.

I actually came here to say:

I've been experiencing a general slow-down of the LG forums - in particular, unresponsive Rich Formatting and slow refreshes.  To make matters worse, I've had to refresh in order to get a response out of Rich Formatting - double jeopardy ;-D  I also had a total failure of the Reply button when I attempted to use one of the aforesaid misleading reply boxes, the one on the previous page here and it reminded me that that's happened several times lately too :-/

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:

Frankie, Many thanks for your reply to my query about Notifications (page 2, this thread), but I am afraid that bookmarking threads does not solve the problem.  It does not tell me which threads to which I have recently contributed has had posts from other forum-ites since I was last online.  I have bookmarked many threads, etc., so it still means lots of time to check them and many will not have had a recent reply from anyone.  I know this is a minor problem compared to many others, so please, AFTER you have fixed the major problems (for example, that others are having with adding photographs, etc.) then please fix the Notifications!  Many thanks!  In the meantime I will continue making notes of which threads have had responses!

hi GB - I am surprised that you haven't been advised that there is a simple way to keep track of all your involvement in certain threads ....... On Community page, underneath 'Latest Forum Posts' are 4 sub-headings giving you choices of 'All Recent'/'Unanswered'/'Unread'/'Your Discussions' & if you choose the latter you will automatically be given a list of just those threads in which you have taken part!

I usually have two tabs open at the same time, Unread & Your Discussions, for speed & uncluttered lists of threads.  It is quite easy & quick to call up any of the others as required to keep check on all goings on - excellent options IMHO!  Hope this helps

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Hi Wendy, Thanks for the pointers!  I never tried those sub-headings, due to imagining numerous meanings for each and being in too much of a hurry to experiment, not to mention being distinctly non-techie!  I expect that what might be 'obvious' to a computer expert is not necessarily obvious to everyone, so thanks!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Glad to have helped GB although I'm no expert merely a bit 'computer literate'& owe much of my ongoing knowledge to all the friendly & helpful posters I have come to know on this Forum & have answered all my (sometimes inane) queries with great patience!  

Sharing is what it's all about!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to TeeJay:

I've not been on for 3 months because I wasn't able to log in.  Seems that there's been the likes of a downgrade and along the way my user name was changed to Northernlass_3 !?  Except when I actually got in it wasn't!

Got to say that navigating round this site is like trying to find your way through a maze.  NOT user friendly at all and in my opinion even worse than it was when I was last here.

A bird in the hand can make an awful mess!

• In reply to bob's_retired_now:

I don't like change either, Bob, whether for its own or for necessity's sake, although the latter is easier to come to terms with.

I considered that "meeting" you was a fortunate side-effect of the RSPB's misbegotten system upgrade, and now you're gone :'(

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

Posting pictures is still one of my bugbears.  If I'm posting screen captures it doesn't take very long, though it almost always takes more than one attempt.  Photos I've taken are a different story - even if I crop them it takes a long time for each one to post, and most of the time I get an error message at the end of uploading.  The big moan, though, is when I try to upload the same photo again and the system then tells me that the photo's too big!  I have recently posted my photos compressed which means they post much faster but I'm not happy to continue doing this as it means you can't bring the detail of the photo in closer.  It would be so wonderful if this could be sorted out, please.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

I just tried to post a pic as a test - it uploaded in a couple of secs, but posting....  I closed the browser window after 10 mins.  Which is a bit odd, I've not been having any problems posting pics.  If this posts, I'll try again

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

OK, so that posted fine.  Let's try this pic - it's over 3MB (the limit's still 4 I think)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index