This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Roy, I have done exactly the same as you. I pressed the report abuse button on one of my own posts simply to see what happened, fully expecting another window to open with a box asking why it was considered abusive. (as happened on the previous 2 set ups).

I therefore agree this needs looking at. As things stand, the second the report abuse button is clicked there is no going back. Another window should open with a box to explain your reasons for reporting it.

• Almost every photo or capture I post onto a thread takes at least two tries - if you could please sort that out you'll hear the cheering from Felixstowe.

• I have noticed that in the posts at the bottom of the front page there is a very serious error. If you quote someone in your original post it makes it seem as if you have written the quote as well as your posts. This is really bad.

• The same thing happens in the activities list in profiles.

• Agree with bob's_retired_now regarding his comment on Notifications on page 1 of this thread--they do not work properly and are worse now than immediately after the 'upgrade'.  Once I have clicked on the Notifications tab, they then all disappear even if I have not clicked on any of them individually, but have only gone to the Community home page and opened those threads of interest to me. If I click on one in the list, when I try to go back to see the others, I am told I have 0 Notifications and am admonished to 'go get busy in the Community'--something I would love to do if I can remember which threads to check!  As my memory is not what it used to be, I now make a note of relevant threads, so will not be contributing much in future until this is fixed in order to cut down on the hefty note-taking required--LOL!

• Unknown said:

Agree with bob's_retired_now regarding his comment on Notifications on page 1 of this thread--they do not work properly and are worse now than immediately after the 'upgrade'.  Once I have clicked on the Notifications tab, they then all disappear even if I have not clicked on any of them individually, but have only gone to the Community home page and opened those threads of interest to me. If I click on one in the list, when I try to go back to see the others, I am told I have 0 Notifications and am admonished to 'go get busy in the Community'--something I would love to do if I can remember which threads to check!  As my memory is not what it used to be, I now make a note of relevant threads, so will not be contributing much in future until this is fixed in order to cut down on the hefty note-taking required--LOL!

Hi Ann,

Notifications are new in the latest version of the Community, we're looking at making the notifications last a bit longer, however, the idea of bookmarks is there to allow you to keep a list of your favourite places to check. The bookmarks were there from the previous version and continue to be the place to keep your list..... so no need to disappear....

Bookmarking a thread or forum can be found in the options section under the forum thread:

And if you click on the "bookmarks" link in the black tool bar at the top of the page:

You can get back to them.

Hope this helps?

F.

• Hazel b said:

I have noticed that in the posts at the bottom of the front page there is a very serious error. If you quote someone in your original post it makes it seem as if you have written the quote as well as your posts. This is really bad.

I agree, this isn't great. Thanks for highlighting it, I'll see what we can do.....

F.

• Susan H said:

Roy, I have done exactly the same as you. I pressed the report abuse button on one of my own posts simply to see what happened, fully expecting another window to open with a box asking why it was considered abusive. (as happened on the previous 2 set ups).

I therefore agree this needs looking at. As things stand, the second the report abuse button is clicked there is no going back. Another window should open with a box to explain your reasons for reporting it.

Hi,

We're looking at the "report abuse" functionality.... We'd like to add a "reason" and a confirmation to the process. However, please don't fret if you do accidentally hit it..... it's not an automated process right now, so it's not going to immediately excommunicate someone or remove a post. We have human peoples to do that!

:)

F.

• it's not going to immediately excommunicate someone or remove a post. We have human peoples to do that!

Yeah  some of us remember Pipit-  and the  'eccentric' poster who pushed her over the edge.

:)

S

• Hi-

when I check my notifications if I check up on one - THEY ALL DISAPPEAR!

This has been mentioned before- still annoying and still a basic schoolboy error IMHO

S