Wrong user name

After being a user of the forum for quite  some  time  it was recently  pointed out to me that  when  people  open or try to  reply  to  my threads my name comes  up as wendy s not pete any way this can easily  be fixed?

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• I'd love to know why I come up as Clare Bailey! I've never been named, and have no connection to, anyone called Bailey.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Glad I'm not the only one who is misnamed Clare, I wonder if any of the techies have time to read threads on the forum

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• And another Pete, I come up as Lynn L?? Not my name or initials!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Wendy S said:

After being a user of the forum for quite  some  time  it was recently  pointed out to me that  when  people  open or try to  reply  to  my threads my name comes  up as wendy s not pete any way this can easily  be fixed?

I'm tempted to think there's a glitch in the software, and it needs someone technical to address it.

I've seen quite a few where the wrong names have been applied, and thankfully most, I manage to resolve before replying.

• Quite agree Mike but how do we get in touch with said person ?

Pete

• That would be excellent, Pete, but even if someone here on the forum did contact them, I suspect they have reduced funds and reduced staffing levels and probably view other projects as clearly more pressing and crucial, things like conservation projects, maintaining reserves, possibly even wildlife crime (I hope!), etc..  However, we can always hope that somewhere post-Covid and after the RSPB have more funds from increasing membership and from wills, that some attention will again be paid to such issues with this online community forum. 

Kind regards, Ann

• Wendy S said:
    Quite agree Mike but how do we get in touch with said person ?

I wish I had the answer to that one.

If there is a moderator around, or someone in the know, we'd all be grateful if it was resolved.