Legitimate threads being removed?

A couple of duplicate threads have just been removed but as far as I could see there were legitimate threads so why have they been removed..if they haven't been deleted by the poster.

My Flickr photos

• If someone from the RSPB is moderating and removing threads can we at least have an explanation please

My Flickr photos

• WHY ARE THREADS BEING REMOVED..I'M NOT ON HERE WASTING MY TIME TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE ONLY TO FIND THE THREAD REMOVED WITHOUT EXPLANATION...I'M DONE ON HERE.
    Sticking to the peregrine thread from now on.

My Flickr photos

• I am not sure how many have been deleted Alan, but if they were identical they might have been classed as spam? I know there is one still up I have just replied to it.

Jim

My Pictures

• I can't reply to those threads. I can see why they might have been flagged up if it was unnecessarily posted in multiple groups. Presumably Lisa has filled in the appeal form as directed by the RSPB - that was what I was trying to ask her.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• As far as I can see, one of the threads is still there. I can't imagine anyone flagging it as SPAM so presumably it must have been automatically done by the computer, on the basis of multiple posts & maybe content words (sounds more like a letter). I believe that forums like this are being targetted by SPAM's all the time, we see plenty here, but most probably get cut off before they get started. Obviously the system fell down this time, but maybe it's not that easy to monitor. Just trying to be fair here, but PLEASE DON'T GO ALAN or we might as well pull the plug.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Only just caught up with this post Alan, I'm also wondering if like Hazel says it is being computer generated sometimes as for no reason at all three months ago I had a letter at 09.12 saying my reply had been flagged up as abuse when there was nothing in the content to warrant being flagged and I had to send a reply back if I thought it was an error to RSPB within 7 days so I wouldn't be cut off in my prime !! I told them I was one of the good guys lol. Shortly afterwards at 09.23 I had a reply to say my reply had been noted and my account had had the flag removed. Even though posts can get accidentally flagged I would have assumed before threatening a user with account suspension that one of the moderators would read the content of the post to see there was nothing to respond to in the first place - computer or human error who knows on this site lol I too wonder why I bother as I've spent an eternity on here either trying to help people if I can or creating "nice" posts !!! It's somewhat insulting to receive a warning before the content of what you are accused of has been read but I put it down to not enough staff and a system that fails. I'll keep going and I hope you will too Alan; I promise not to flag or delete your posts lol       I think I better stop referring affectionately to Little Grebes as "fluffy bums"     !!!

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• It was confusing because the same thing was put on twice & I think the computer automatically flags up multiple posts. It was also someone who hadn't posted previously. Very odd your posts getting flagged up Hazy!
    I got quite excited yesterday as I thought Alan was back, but no, just an old thread someone had replyed too.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    I got quite excited yesterday as I thought Alan was back, but no, just an old thread someone had replyed too.

Yes,   I thought the same Hazel and then got disappointed again :(        "Come back Alan" ………….   it's not the same without your input on threads and you're part of the super glue that holds this crumbling place together  !! 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
      "Come back Alan"

Hear, hear!!

• I will add to that, I miss not seeing your posts Alan, please come back to us.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.