Something odd going on in the private mails

Hi, I sent a friendship request to 2 people this morning, one went to the intended person & the other to a third party. I have since tried to email them to explain the odd message which was not intended for them (they are on my list of friends anyway) & the message defaults so it goes to someone else again. Every time I try by clicking on "connect" & then selecting "send a message" it just comes up with another name.

What is going on? Anyone else got problems?

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Hi noisette
    sent you PM

• Thanks Kate, It seems to be unable to send a message to anyone that I haven't had a conversation with & so wants to send it to someone else instead. I replied fine to you & I clicked on your name & it worked, tried to connect to someone else & it came up with you each time!

If I click on NEW message & type in the name of the person, it comes up with a choice of names, all of whom are noted as "cannot message". I tried this for several people.

Best wishes

• I received a friendship request this morning but could not read the associated message. Ian
  • Doh!!! as I just said to Noisette....Tis Sunday Grr!!!!!!!

• In reply to Ian S:

Ian S said:
    I received a friendship request this morning but could not read the associated message. Ian

It was intended for you, will try again when it settles down.

Best wishes

• Glad I wasn't the unintended recipient :) Ian
  • I've just tried again to PM you but when I clicked on your name & then "connect" & then "send private message", it opened for sending a message to SunnyKate. So tried "new" & typed in Ian S & it came up "cannot message". Oh well, I've almost forgotton what I wanted to say :)

Best wishes

• Sorry to hear you're still having problems H ... just sent friend request to Ian S which he received & accepted ... just sent test message & it came up with his name OK!
    Hope techs come up with an answer for you!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I received Wendy's test message and was able to reply. Ian
  • I think I've been censored! LOL Could you try to mail me Ian?

Best wishes