Please, please, please will RSPB Mods block these repetitive spammers & remove their rubbish from this Community Forum!

We are all heartily sick & tired of trying to maintain continuity, nigh on impossible with all the spam fracturing the flow ... we are using the correct notification channel ... how difficult can it be to delete unwanted posts?

Please communicate!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I fully agree with that sentiment Alan. Ian
  • I’ve just had a reply by email from Martin Harper and he said he will look into the present situation at what has been happening on this Forum. Hopefully he will get back to me.

Regards,

Ian.

• Martin Harper has discussed the present situation with the digital team and he has just replied to me by email again, that they will continue to monitor the situation, but we're a bit resource light at the moment so speed to respond on this isn’t always there. We shall investigate some alternative options around moderation in the interim however.
    In one way that sounds bad news, but in another that may suggest that the digital team may be looking at suggestions at allowing some form of moderation by community forum members or maybe some sort of direct email address for certain members to contact members of staff if problems happen on this forum. We can all just live in hope

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks for your efforts Ian. Ian
  • I have heard that the RSPB are a bit resource light at the moment and there are various reasons for that, that I have heard about sadly.

Regards,

Ian.

• Flagged it for you Alan says usual .thank you Ha!!

• Do let us know, or are you wishful thinking, CHOL:):) so we will all be waiting a long time,

• I think this conversation is starting (or continuing) to go round in circles. As I & others have said before, the only way that these discussions will be resolved is for RSPB to show some consideration to all forum members & actually state how it is they deal with spam. Until they do, all that is happening is the creation of unnecessary bickering & tension amongst forum members. I believe that all forum members (obviously spammers excluded) have absolutely the well being of the community at heart & therefore I find it all the sadder that needless energy is being expended by us having to post about spam rather than posting about the things we are community members for. Until such time as RSPB explain their position, I see no point in posting about spam anymore & I will not be doing so (thank gawd for that I hear you cry :)) Ian.
  • Lol Ian, you are as entitled to your twopennorth as much as all of us!! But do agree it is now up to RSPB to send an explanatory post ... but no holding of breath whilst waiting, don't want to lose any more posters!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr