Blog page headings reorder possiblity

Can one alter the order of items in headings on Community Blog Homepage. For instant - so that Blogs show up first on the home page instead of Forums. Since the upgrade, our Blog viewings have fallen dramatically - as I suspect some viewers to the site are not readily seeing our Blogs!

• This was our fear after the change - with Blogs no longer visible on the side, they're easy to miss.  Even I'm finding it easy to miss stuff - and I monitor a couple of the blogs closely.  I've ended up turning on notifications, but you'll not get passing traffic doing that obviously.  If you're now seeing evidence of numbers, go direct to the digital team with it, that's likely the best way to effect changes

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Hello

I do think you should ask the technical Team to Re Look at their BLOG info.

I searched Blogs as below.The First ridiculous as gives most recent , 2016 ,2 Years ago, when in fact as 2nd scap shows you posted

yesterday

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

This was our fear after the change - with Blogs no longer visible on the side, they're easy to miss.  Even I'm finding it easy to miss stuff - and I monitor a couple of the blogs closely.  I've ended up turning on notifications, but you'll not get passing traffic doing that obviously.  If you're now seeing evidence of numbers, go direct to the digital team with it, that's likely the best way to effect changes

Yep I agree with all that.

My Flickr photos

• I have a suggestion that you could trial while waiting for a solution - which in itself could take a long time. Why not trial posting your blog to the Campfield Marsh Reserve Community Forum rather than / as well as the the Campfield Marsh Community Blog. That way the Posting will definitely come up on  the Community Forum Home Page and you will be able to see how many view your posting gets on there for comparison purposes. If you get increased viewing figures and comments then its a smart move and if you don't then it really isn't a great deal of extra work for a couple of weeks or so.  There are probably a lot of people who don't follow blogs, except perhaps for their favourite/local reserve whereas the majority of us are always up for looking at pictures and sighting reports. 

Regards,

Bob

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Why not trial posting your blog to the Campfield Marsh Reserve Community Forum rather than / as well as the the Campfield Marsh Community Blog. That way the Posting will definitely come up on  the Community Forum Home Page and you will be able to see how many view your posting gets on there for comparison purposes.

Good idea that Bob and how they are doing the sightings it wouldn't take that much longer

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Good idea that Bob and how they are doing the sightings it wouldn't take that much longer

To be honest Alan, I think most blogs would be better posted on the relevant Forum - I'm sure they would get better viewing figures. There are too many reserve blogs to go looking at but having them appear in the Community Homepage would be more eyecatching - especially with the current layout being so unfriendly.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Thanks Bob for that suggestion. Will certainly try it.

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Thanks Joe for suggesting that route. I never quite know how to make the right contacts w.r.t. technical problems.

• Hi John and Judith

Have a look here https://community.rspb.org.uk/placestovisit/belfastlough/f/belfast-lough/200000/count-the-birds-that-are-counting-on-you Belfast Lough have put a blog up on the forum in the way Bob mentioned.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thank you Alan,

I see what you mean. Will have a go!