Windows 10 upgrading problems

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    That's right Hazel,  I think with Win.10  they enforce these updates that's why I'm trying a different method - I'll let you know if my computer crashes  LOL

You'll have to use Snail mail if it crashes ! LOL Seriously though, if I end up having to regig my computer every couple of months I might try it, I'm just afraid I'll miss out on the vital one's. I have heard they they might start charging for updates, in that case they'll have to give you you the option won't they!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Mine upgraded yesterday with no problems as far as I can see.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    I have heard they they might start charging for updates, in that case they'll have to give you you the option won't they!

they certainly will have to give you the option Hazel and then I can see a lot of folk buying Apple Mac once their computer needs replacing - maybe if more people buy Mac. the price will come down  lol   

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

I have heard they they might start charging for updates, in that case they'll have to give you you the option won't they!

they certainly will have to give you the option Hazel and then I can see a lot of folk buying Apple Mac once their computer needs replacing - maybe if more people buy Mac. the price will come down  lol   

[/quote]

I agree so if you all get buying Mac's I should be able to afford one in about 5 years!

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

lol Alan  !  

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Just had the latest W10 update, a few progs seemed slow to load initially, but so far, all seems ok.

W10 does force updates on many PC's, but not all, and I've yet to work out why.

I've changed my settings for manual updates, but each update seems to override those settings, giving me no choice.

To make matters worse, I don't like Windows progs for downloading photos from my DSLR, preferring Canon's own suite which does exactly what I want, but on each W10 update, W10 dictates to me that it should handle all my photo downloads!

I can and do revert back to my preferred settings, but its annoying.

I think there is a big power struggle going on with all these large conglomerates, Microsoft, Google, Android, Samsung and Apple all seem to like to force you to their products....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Having troublre with Acer, on my laptop, I still like Windows 7, no hassle from the old computer

J