How to close account

I wish to close my account and remove all my comments. I cannot seem to find a way of closing the account. Any assistance is appreciated.
  • Mrs T will doubtless be able to help with closing an account, but why delete all previous comments?

We've seen before where this was done for various reasons and it ended up wrecking the threads the comments were in.  For the sake of those remaining and anyone else who reads (but not necessarily contribute to) them, I'd rather comments aren't deleted

PS ETA, you can of course delete your own comments personally

• I have emailed the RSPB’s CEO Beccy Speight direct at her RSPB email address. if she can look into this situation. As did receive a reply from the former CEO Mike Clark a few years before his retirement and had a reply from Martin Harpee the conservation director worked at the RSPB I aslso emailed him direct at his email address over the years as well.

• This is actually a 7 year old thread - and the person's comment that resurrected it has been deleted! Maybe by themselves, maybe because they found out how to delete their account and all comments. Who knows?
    Under the GDPR regulations there's a right to be forgotten (you can demand an organisation deletes all personal data they hold on you). I'm wondering if posts disappearing are somehow tied up with that and a deleted account is taking out not just an individual's comments but whole threads? If so, I personally don't think that's a correct application of the regulation in any way shape or form, and an error in software operation to boot, but, again, who knows? :-)