Ouse Washes/Snettisham in the Reserve Group lists?

Am I being thick or are the Ouse Washes and Snettisham reserves not included within the seemingly comprehensive set of Groups for RSPB Reserves?  Was planning to post a few pics from recent trips.

Neither are listed as a Group in their own name, but I wondered if they are included under a more generic heading  - like Nagshead is covered by the Gloucestershire Reserves Group.  I couldn't spot an obvious candidate though.

Hopefully the mods will enlighten me!

FM

Parents
  • hi fm, can yougive me any tips re snettisham, as helen my wife and i are going to norfolk

for a week starting nov 13th, best spots ect, i have been in the summer, but it is so huge,

i saw an egret then, but we would love to see the mass of birds, which we keep seeing on

the t.v. or indeed any other spots you can recomend, cheers best regards mac

fittmonk said:

Am I being thick or are the Ouse Washes and Snettisham reserves not included within the seemingly comprehensive set of Groups for RSPB Reserves?  Was planning to post a few pics from recent trips.

Neither are listed as a Group in their own name, but I wondered if they are included under a more generic heading  - like Nagshead is covered by the Gloucestershire Reserves Group.  I couldn't spot an obvious candidate though.

Hopefully the mods will enlighten me!

FM

•  

Hi,

you need to check when the high tides are- it needs a VERY high tide to get everything pushed right up onto the pits. There are plenty of birds at Snett but they  ( obviously) stay out on the Wash during low tide .

Maybe a call to the Lodge or Titchwell RSPB would give you info on any good tides that week

As to other sites, see my posts about good places to walk and  winter Birding day routes in NW Norfolk :) Titchwell is always good anyhow in winter.

:)

S

•  

Hi,

you need to check when the high tides are- it needs a VERY high tide to get everything pushed right up onto the pits. There are plenty of birds at Snett but they  ( obviously) stay out on the Wash during low tide .

Maybe a call to the Lodge or Titchwell RSPB would give you info on any good tides that week

As to other sites, see my posts about good places to walk and  winter Birding day routes in NW Norfolk :) Titchwell is always good anyhow in winter.

:)

S

Children
No Data