Hi

Raymond the rookie here, just joined and would like to find out how you go about uploading a picture and starting a 

"my gallery" the quality of some of the images I've seen on here seems pretty high but I'm sure my photos won't disappoint ( I hope) 

So basically if I could just have some explanation of how to start gallery would be much appreciated

• Hi Ray
    I don't know anyone that has a gallery on here, most use flickr I think, and link it in their signature. I tend to post as individual threads of places I've been, as do a few others. One or two have an ongoing thread that they add to through the year. There are also various more specific threads people add to as and when they have images, so include "Butterflies and Moths", "Insects", "Swifts, Swallows and Martins" and there is "Odds and Sods" if you haven't enough images to make a whole thread.
    It's all pretty relaxed so no real hard and fast rules. The only thing is, at this time of year, threads drop down the list pretty quickly with all the different Osprey and Webcam threads

Hope that helps a bit
  • Hi Raymond, sorry no one has replied, there are problems here at the moment. Slow, long periods of time before people are notified about a reply to posts they have added or answered, over the years we have had updates, not the best for some things and a lack of IT prople to help or sort anything out.

Seeing as you have started this thread, you could have it as your own thread to add any photos, stories and updates to. Some of us do this, it saves you having to make new threads all the time. To change the title of this thread, do the following.

At fhe bottom of your post you will see more, hit that, then hit edit, you can now change your title at the top, hit post.

To add photos do fhe following.

At fhe bottom of your post, hit mor then edit.
    You will now see a box where you can add text and photos.
    You shoud now see tabs, hit insert,  insert photo, video, then hit browse,  pick where your photo is stored. 
    Pick your photo and it shoud appear in the box, you will see 2 x boxes with numbers, change each to 500, this will give a nice size photo to post, you can change these numbers for smaller or larger photos.
    Hit okay and the photo will be added, if you want to add text, hit return between photos, so there is a space, or if at the beginning type your text, hit return and add the photo.
    When finished hit post.

Next time you want to add to your thread, do the same, rich formatting, insert etc....

Hope this helps, also welcome from me up in Caithness af the very top of Scotland. A few of us Scot's here, in time you will meet us. Any problems just ask, there will be someone at hand to help. Enjoy.

• On reading PB reply, what I have said is maybe not what you want at all. Others may help with the gallery set up.

• Hello Raymond and welcome to the forum from a currently dismal West Midlands.

Like many others, I've never set up a gallery on here, though I do use Flickr to post photos and some garden trailcam videos. Most people tend to join in group threads or set up their own post, particularly if they've been somewhere and want to share their stories and photos, which are always interesting.

As for quality, don't let that deter you, it's the subject content that counts. As for photographic skills, practice makes perfect, and there are many who will help where they can with advice if ever you need any.

So click away with that camera, share your stories and photos joining in with the community.

As with the others, I look forward to reading your posts, whether on a shared thread/topic, or a trip you've made.

• Well you have managed to get a picture posted in your thread so I would just stick with that method Slight smile. It's much more interesting to see a post every time someone has an outing or a group of photos to upload. I have never use the gallery feature and its not vine obvious how you would actually get to see anyone's gallery as this software is so difficult to navigate. Unless I' am putting a couple of pictures int one of the long running threads, I always opt for a new thread, usually under the Wildlife/All Creatures headers unless I have visited a specific RSPB reserve, which isn't much of an option for me geographically.

look forward to posts from you.