Birds in Battersea Park

Last week on two occasions I saw four redwing near Petworth Gate. Are they common winter visitors to the park?
  • Hi Paul,  you on a visit to south of the border ? !!     I can't answer your question but I know a man who probably can  lol     If Paul (MC) sees this his friend Mr Duckett  can most likely give you the answer so at least I can bump this up to the top again in the hope someone can help.  

Regards, Hazel 

• Hello Hazel, What made you think I'm on a visit? I live near the park. I moved here recently from Sussex and I have been watching the bird population with interest. I didn't expect redwing.

Regards,

Paul  

• Didn't realise you live in that area !   nice area :)   I've texted Paul so he may be able to give you an answer.   I loved my visits to the London Parks, so many birds to see, plenty going on.  

Regards, Hazel 

• I think there's been a bit of confusion here. Hazy thought you were the Paul A who lives in Scotland who has been on this forum for many years. It's one of the quirks of this forum that it seems to allow people to have identical user names .... it creates no end of confusion.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• lol Tony,  thought I was going mad  !!    didn't realise that the site allows for two people with the same names, hence I was talking to Scottish Paul !!    

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    you on a visit to south of the border ?

Not sure if my tag allows me to leave the country.!!  :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:

you on a visit to south of the border ?

Not sure if my tag allows me to leave the country.!!  :-)

[/quote]   lol Paul,   I thought you'd given up haggis and moved  lol     

@ Alan  !!   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Greetings all. You'll see I'm no longer masquerading as a Scot but under my own colours as Bellman from Battersea. I look forward to learning something about the redwing here. Perhaps they followed me from Cairngorm, where I recall seeing them, but that was some years ago.

• Unknown said:
    I thought you'd given up haggis

{Gasp} don't even pretend about these things.!! That's fighting talk where I come from..........although I have moved and I don't live there any more.!! :-)

Alan: It’s Paul..A on flickr. I blame my parents, if they’d called me Hamish we wouldn’t be having this sort of trouble.!!

Bellman: Welcome from me as well, although I must say that you’ve given up a very good online name. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Thanks for your welcome Paul A. when I was a boy our fine forename was rare, but Newman and McCartney spoiled that.